Since the weather is starting to warm up, I figured why not do a composed using a concept that everyone recognizes. I came up with this salad about 5 years ago, its my version of a "fish and chips" salad. Basically its grilled salmon (with nothing but olive oil, salt and pepper, then grilled on both sides over meduim high heat for about 10 minutes) cherry tomatoes (cut into four), thinly sliced red onion, mixed greens, french fries (the fun part!!) finished off with a honey mustard vinaigrette. Its a great light dish that can be eaten either for lunch, dinner or even after a workout (the fries won't kill you.)
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt or taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, salt and pepper.
- While continuing to whisk mixture, slowly pour in vegetable oil in a small stream, whisking constantly until fully incorporated and slightly thickened. (Place the bowl on a damp tea towel to prevent it from slipping.)
- Store any unused portion in the refrigerator.